Double chin, which is a result when there is excessive submental fat or loose skin underneath the chin is treatable in many ways by surgical procedures, such as the chin liposuction procedure or chin tuck. neck lift. The purpose of these surgeries is to make you appear younger or thinner.
The most important takeaways
- Double chins may be caused due to weight gain and age, weight loss, or even genetics.
- Surgery is the best treatment method to reduce the appearance of double chins.
- Other non-invasive options are available to enhance the appearance of the double chin.
When surgery is utilized to fix a double chin, the excess fat is removed from the neck and the loose or sagging skin. Although a double chin is typically associated with weight gain but it may also be the result as a result of weight loss and as a result of the process of aging. Certain people that are younger and normal weight could also have the appearance of a double chin due to of their genetics.
The gold standard
Based on the particular structure of the area below the chin as well as the desired results for aesthetics A combination or one of a variety of procedures might be suggested. While there are less-invasive alternatives for patients the procedure to fix a double chin remains the most popular option. The surgical procedures are:
- Chin Liposuction. Using liposuction, surgeons can remove excess fat using local anesthesia.
- Submentoplasty. Also known as the chin tuck. It involves removing upper and chin neck fat as well as tightening skin.
- Lower Rhytidectomy. This procedure, sometimes referred to as neck lift similar to submentoplasty, however it is more involved. This procedure not only are the fats removed, but the skin is tightened but the muscles are made tighter.
Double chin surgeries & patient satisfaction
The personalization that happens when treating double chins is what makes it a success and a popular. Patients who have undergone surgical procedures to eliminate double chins claim to appear thinner and youngerfollowing the procedure. Furthermore, they notice smoother skin, and more defined necks and chins.
The outcomes of double chin surgeries are contingent on a variety of aspects, including the procedure chosen, as well as the health of the skin of the patient. As an example, results of chin liposuction could be lasting when the patient can keep a steady weight.
The risks of having an operation for a double chin
Like many other procedures, surgeries that address double chins are linked to lengthy recovery times and potential for both aesthetic and health-related issues.
Concerns regarding cosmetics to be considered prior to having a double chin surgery are scarring, asymmetry as well as skin discoloration . Infection bleeding, blood clots as well as swelling, pain and other complications resulting through the application of anesthesia are responsible for the majority of health dangers. In rare instances, damage to organs, muscles and nerves or blood vessels may also happen.
Non-invasive methods to rid yourself of double chins
For those who prefer to not risk the danger or healing that comes with surgical procedures to correct double chins There are a number of alternatives that are non-invasive to think about.
- Kybella injections. In cases where double chins do not have a cause that is associated with significant excess skin and fat, Kybella injections can be utilized to melt away fat and attain similar results to those that can be achieved by surgical procedures that are more in-depth. Kybella injections have been proven to be efficient in reducing the chin’s fat, and are safe and well-tolerated. the chemicals contained in these injections were recently approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to aid in reduction of neck fat region.
- Lasers. A variety of laser methods have been suggested as useful techniques to reduce double chin. However, research has revealed that the use of lasers to treat fat in an older neck to reduce the thickness of fat and increase skin tightening aren’t successful by themselves.
- Cryolipolysis. Cryolipolysis is a cooling method designed to reduce submental fat. There is evidence that suggests this method is safe and efficient.
If you’re looking to make a statement with your appearance, improve their double chins regardless of the causes of the chin, or the specific issue there are a variety of alternatives to think about. Surgery remains the most effective method for treating double chins but less invasive options are also on the rise.
- NIH. Surgery to treat Double chin.
- NIH. Noninvasive Submental Fat Compartment Treatment.
- Wiley Online Library. Cryolipolysis to treat submental fats: review of the studies.
- NIH. Neck Rejuvenation Using a Combination Approach: Our Experience and a Review of the Literature.
- FDA. Drug Trials Snapshots: KYBELLA.